Remember my post afew months ago, Museums on a Budget? Well, if you’re in the Los Angeles area this weekend, many awesome museums are offering completley FREE admission for all! Thanks to my friend, Mary, (Yep, another Mary) for posting this info on Facebook:) Heres the skinny…..
Free Admission Days January 26th and 27th, 2013
In a joint effort to present the arts and culture to the diverse and myriad communities in Southern California, the Museum Marketing Roundtable announces the eighth annual ‘Museums Free-For-All’ Saturday January 26th and Sunday January 27th. The museums—presenting art, cultural heritage, natural history, and science—will open their doors and invite visitors free of charge.*
- Annenberg Space for Photography– Both Days
- The Autry – Both Days
- California African American Museum – Both Days
- California Science Center – Both Days
- Craft and Folk Art Museum – Sunday, January 27th ONLY
- Fowler Museum at UCLA – Both Days
- Hammer Museum – Both Days
- The Getty Center – Both Days
- The Getty Villa***- Both Days
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art **** – Sunday, January 27th ONLY
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MOCA) – Both Days
- Museum of Latin American Art – Both Days
- Museum of Tolerance***** – Sunday, January 27th ONLY
- Pacific Asia Museum – Sunday, January 27th ONLY
- The Paley Center for Media – Both Days
- Pasadena Museum of California Art – Sunday, January 27th ONLY
- Santa Monica Museum of Art – Saturday, January 26th ONLY
- Skirball Cultural Center****** – Both Days
- University Art Museum, CSULB – Both Days*******
*Regular parking fees apply. General museum admission only. May not apply to ticketed exhibitions.
**Timed tickets are required to see the Endeavour exhibition. Please visit www.californiasciencecenter.org.
***Timed tickets are required. Visit www.getty.edu.
****Offer valid for general admission only. Does not apply to specially ticketed exhibitions Caravaggio and His Legacy and Stanley Kubrick.
***** Advance reservations are recommended as capacity is limited. Please see www.museumoftolerance.com for hours and ticket information.
******Timed-entry tickets to the Noah’s Ark at the Skirball™ galleries will be on a walk-up, first-come, first-served basis on these dates, subject to availability.
*******The University Art Museum will only be open on Saturday, January 26th for an opening reception from 6-8pm.
Happy Browsing!:) xo