I went to sleep last night without washing my face. I awoke this morning with day-old, tired mascara raccoon-ing around my under eyes. The Mary 10 years ago would have never let such a thing occur. Me, Mary today? Whatever….
It got me thinking that I have changed over the years….while I don’t know if it is for better or for worse, I suppose it could simply be my priorities have shifted, & after a long day, I may crash on the couch & not get up. This also made me think of a cool book I found a few years back called, “Dear Future Me”, where people do just that; write a letter to themselves to either open at a certain time in their life, or to maybe stumble upon anytime & see where they are at right now…..Since there are a few things I know younger Mary would be surprised at about Old(er) Mary, I decided to give this project a whirl, right now!:)
1) Yes, I have fallen asleep with a full face of make-up on.
2) I love love LOVE sushi.
3) I do not write letters like I did all the time growing up. My friends are lucky if they get a Christmas card from me.
4) I color my hair. Mom finally let me (Or I turned 18…one or the other). It doesn’t change lives;)
5) Remember for a few years beginning when I was around 15, I gave up coffee to see if it improved my tummy aches?? I think it was wheat. So, Gluten Free now. Coffee Loaded.
6) I never moved to Seattle to start a grunge band.
7) I have dated a lot. It has made me want to be like young Mary again, staying home to watch movies, write & listen to music!
8) I thought I would know what I wanted to do in life by now & how to get it. Nah. Just trying to have fun;)